Payment Options & Tipping
For DGS sponsored events, full payments at a discount may be selected. For other events when at the time of booking only a deposit is required, please bring the exact balance in cash. Tipping is not required but greatly appreciated.
Spray Tans For Men & Women
Allure, Everyday Color: DGS uses a custom secrete color blend to match your skin type. Simply come to your appointment with clean dry skin, no location or deodorant and we will take care of the rest. Wear anything but tight and white clothing on your way out.
Competitors: DGS uses a custom secrete color blend to match your skin type. Being an IFBB pro athlete myself, I know how imported stage color is, that is why I only use the color combination. For most competitors, 1-3 coats are all you need. This color develops overnight into the DARKEST, bronze color. Dry’s fast not sticky or muddy nor do you turn green. Just follow the skin prep instructions. We suggest to get sprayed the night before and touch up the day of, if needed. When we are sponsoring an event you can find us back stage before pre-judging for suit tie in's and glazing.
Again, please follow the tanning skin prep instructions for maximum color benefit and begin no later than 5 days out from your event.
More on the bronze: Tanning beds can cause you to retain water between the skin and muscle as well as cause peeling. If you choose to do so, DO NOT BURN, as you will start to peel and DGS will not be able to fix that part. Our solution and application technique will get you stage ready.
Skin Preparation Instructions:
- For maximum results, spend the week or two prior to your competition spray appointment exfoliating and moisturizing your body. The recommended competition exfoliates, DGS Scrub and Body Butter as your moisturizer. The DAY OF your spray tan, DO NOT Moisturize but you must EXFOLIATE. Below are instructions to properly exfoliate:
- The week of your competition tan (Ideally Monday, Wed and Fri. ) make a thick paste of baking soda AND a non-moisturizing liquid gel soap such as Suave Naturals, and gently wash entire body. Then, gently exfoliate from head to toe, with nylon exfoliating gloves or a nylon mesh cloth. You may also shave using the scrub as it starts to emulsify.
Do Not Use Any Bar Soaps or other commercially made scrubs! Pay special attention to your knees, elbows, hands, feet and heels. The better condition your skin is in, the better the product will absorb, the more flawless your tan will look, and you will have a more even fade after your competition. *Avoid all loofa/loofahgloves, pads and sponges.
- It is suggested that you have shaved at least 8 hours before your spray tan, preferably the night before, and all waxing completed at least 72 hours prior if you’re accustomed to waxing. Otherwise, wax 7 – 10 days before your spray tan appointment. You cannot shave or shower after your color is applied until after your competition.
- DO NOT put on any make-up, deodorant, perfume/cologne before or after your spray tan application. These products will raise the skin’s ph and turn your armpits and body green!
- For men and women both, painting the finger and toenails with a clear polish will avoids tainting of the nails. We will provide barrier cream for this purpose as well, which is easily wiped off after your tan application.
- Come to us with clean, dry skin wearing dark, loose fitting clothing and flip flops. Do not wear any RED to your spay tan appointment but red comp suits are okay. The RED dye in cotton will tend to turn your skin GREEN!
- An over sized, long sleeve t-shirt and over sized drawstring (non elastic) waistband style sweatpants made of silky fabrics are best because they glide over your skin and won’t disrupt the development of the color.
- DO NOT SHOWER or put on any deodorant, perfume/cologne until AFTER your competition.
Competitors scheduled with DGS assume ALL risk to any hotel property, not limited to soiling of linens. Please be respectful and bring an extra set of sheets and towels.
Please note if your tech for any reason feels as though you didn’t follow the proper prepping instructions you may be asked to re-shower, you will be charged an additional amount. There are NO EXCEPTIONS. This disruption causes a break down in the schedule, creates unnecessary added stress and additional product expense.
Steps To Remove Color AFTER the show ONLY. Use a pumice stone for palms and bottom of feet… next, when in the shower apply baby oil gel all over body, (this is a good time to shave too), shower off the oil with an exfoliate body wash. Dry off and apply body location to maintain a natural even everyday color.
DGS offers blowouts the night before some bigger events. Arrive to you appointment with clean WET hair the night before. FYI: Be sure to confirm location with your tech. the night location may be different than day styling location.
If you intend to have extensions put in by a DGS hair tech, you must contact us two weeks before the show. We will need to order and match your color so we will have the perfect match for you.
Dry hair styling is for the morning of your event. Arrive to your hair appointment with clean and dry hair. No product in it (washing it the day before is fine). DGS techs are to create a style that will look best for your event. Our most requested looks are; loose curls like Kim Kardashian, a glam-full and voluminous style and the very trendy and stylish side sweep. These three styles look best on camera for stage and shoots. If you would like a particular style we can does that too however please bring a picture so we can recreate it for you!
Please let us know when booking what the type of style you want and the length of hair. We will also like to know special instructions.
($38 additional if clip in extensions are being applied or hair is extra long or thick)
Stage makeup is much darker than everyday wear. If you have not warn heavy makeup before you may think it too much when looking off stage. Remember the stage lights drown everything out. DGS has approved looks however if you want a certain makeup style please being a picture for your tech to recreate. Come to your apt with a clean face, no makeup residue. Top lashes are included for adults applications.
All appointments & services are non refundable for cancelation on your part. Package cannot be transferred to another person. Full payments or deposits is due at time of registration. Deposit is due at the time of booking of the regular price. Payments are subject to a processing fee of 3.7% when paid by credit or debit.